17 Apr Benefits of Frequent Massage & Bodywork
Help Yourself to Health
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve
range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for
expectant mothers and shorten
maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph
flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and
recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest
• Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing
scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues
and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused
• Release endorphins—amino acids that
work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain.